Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Day of Break-Throughs: My New Home and "Nanny"

Yesterday I spent a majority of my day with İkbal, the nanny of my two young students. She has taken me in as one of her own. İkbal feeds me and tries to teach me Turkish. She showed me how to make Turkish dolma and kofte, then we lunched and took a stroll through a small but nice garden in Fenerbahçe, before coming home for afternoon çay.

When we arrived home, Melda, the youngest who had been apprehensive of my presence up to this point, started playing with me! She even took my hands to guide me around the house and let me carry her! I was pretty astounded and quite pleased with this new affection coming my way.

Everyone keeps asking how my living situation is and to be honest, it's really fantastic! Pictures of my apartment are posted in my Picassa album, which can be found via connvoyage.com for everyone to see. You'll also find pictures from my day with İkbal as well.

Things are really beginning to shape up nicely here in Istanbul and I'm excited to share with you all the rest of my upcoming experiences!

© Connie Hum 2009

1 comment:

  1. Awesome place! And Melda is so cute! Mmmmm, I wanna go....

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Share your thoughts and comments!

Have You Seen These?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...