Monday, June 8, 2009

Home Again

After a week-long holiday split between Copenhagen and Stockholm, I arrived into Istanbul quite late and tired, having not had much sleep the night before (due to staying up late singing ABBA songs with a group of Swedes in their home) and on the flight (due to a crying baby sitting behind me but may well have been sitting on my head).

I had a lovely time (blogs to come) but I really missed Istanbul and was very happy to be back.

I didn't know how much I felt a connection to Istanbul until I came back from Stockholm. Seeing the cityscape lit up with mosques, minarets and boats along the Bosphorus as I crossed over the First bridge, a deep feeling settled inside my heart of something like coming home. Strange....but also quite a wonderful feeling. I love being able to call Istanbul home, even if it's for a short while.

Upon my arrival home, I joined Serra and Enes on the terrace and finished two strong drinks that helped me fall right to sleep. I was home indeed.

And here's a picture of tonight's amazing sunset.


© Connie Hum 2009

2 comments:

  1. I love that feeling. I used to have it every time I would come home from a trip to NYC. While in a taxi on my way to my apartment I would see the city skyline and I would feel alive and vibrant. Maybe you should consider staying in Turkey??? Can't wait to read about your time in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun connie. u know what's weird...i'm back in the bay area now, and as i was driving through fremont, i felt a sense of satisfaction. i'm staying in hayward for the meantime but i still drive to fremont just because of that feeling. so many vivid memories u know...(i.e. driving down blacow and seeing your house, reminds me so much of so many things i.e. burmese noodles!)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Share your thoughts and comments!

Have You Seen These?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...