Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT:
Q1. Favorite area visited so far or high on the bucket list? (submitted by Roopunzel)
- mummy_t: Morotai and Halmahera, two undiscovered gems in Indonesia
- Fellini33: New Zealand and Madagascar high on bucket list
- simoncrerar: Fave place visited in Oceania is Rapa Nui aka Isla de Pascu aka Easter Island
- Liligo_UK: Haven't been yet but learning to surf somewhere/anywhere in Oceania would be so cool
- CairnsGBR: The Great Barrier Reef of course!!! Nemo is waiting for you all to visit and say Hi!!
- karindumaire: Polynesia is beautiful (especially Bora Bora) and Melanesia is fascinating. Aussies and Kiwis are great, laid-back people
|MyPostcardFrom loves the Cook Islands|
- Miss_Neriss: Che Bro and Fair Dinkum. Or Suck me Sideways!
- hyperren: "Sweet as" is my fave
- eurotravelista: Always loved it when the Croc Hunter would say "crikey"!
- midgie_jae: I am so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider
- WilliamsCE: Goon Bag! Love that term for boxed wine!! I get an Aussie to say it every time I meet one!
- whatsashadid: Ubiquitous 'No worries' and international confusion/amusement caused by 'thongs'
- missemalise: I like that the "Great Australian wave" is swatting flies from your face
|Two koala bears are caught hugging by traveldudes|
- TravelOutbackOz: Sleep under the stars in a swag in the Simpson Desert in mid winter
- faroutofoffice: Rubbing noses with a Maori man. I've got a flat nose... we ended up mashing our entire faces together
- hotelprguy: Coffee culture in Australia and New Zealand. Love the cafes, top notch coffee!
- cjguest: Getting fire dancing lessons in Samoa
- poohstraveler: Polynesian traditional tattoos, visiting a Tahitian pearl farm, & vanilla producer
- qunospotter: Minced camel pasta in the outback and witchetty grubs. The latter tasted like chestnuts
- OminousSalsa: Haven't been myself but The Wild Foods Festival on the west coast of NZ. They had horse semen shots this year
- ourtastytravels: Vegemite has to be the worst. Best...Polynesian Barbecue, straight from the Mumu
- packDsuitcase: Kangaroo on Pizza.... Until I got to Australia, I never realized that they ate the cuddly creature!
- MalloryOnTravel: Cannot remember what they are called but the meat pies that are like a heart attack encased in pastry
- TravelingEditor: Kina, Maori word for sea urchin. You eat it raw - but then growing up on Asian food I have no objection to that at all
|solangefrancois chows down on local seafood in NZ|
- mikix10: Pinnacles and the Nambung National Park on Western Australia ... Beautiful!!!
- ourtastytravels: Scuba Diving in Palau
- acarlton: The Shire
- RussellVJWard: Drive anywhere around Australia's coast and you'll find hundreds and hundreds of beachy secrets
- GJGBTL231: I would say a lot of small islands around Fiji!
- Faroutofoffice: The beautiful beach of Okarito, NZ! We encountered it by accident, while getting lost
|poohstraveler discovers Australia's Great Ocean Road|
|TravelOutbackOz finds a surprising statistic|
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have you got anything to add?
© Connie Hum 2011