Tuesday, December 20, 2011

#TTOT Round-Up: Arts Travel

Every Tuesday, it's Travel Talk on Twitter! There are two scheduled sessions to join: 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT. Follow the #TTOT hashtag on Twitter and join in on the fun!

Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "Arts Travel!" 

Q1 via : Has a book or film ever inspired you to travel to a certain destination? If so, what & where?
  • : Lord of The Rings & New Zealand
  • : National Geographic always inspires me to see the world
  • : Sound of Music / Austria
  • Indiana Jones and Petra in Jordan. Haven't been yet, but some day I will
  • : I love all of the locations of the James Bond films
  • Crocodile Dundee - Australia. One of my coolest trips
  • The movie 'Long way Around" made me want to see Africa even MORE!
  • : "In Bruges" made me want to go see Bruges. Hopefully without the falling bodies and hit men though 

Q2 via : Which fictional world from a movie/book do you want to visit? 
  • : Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, naturally
  • : I have often how I'd look like The Simpsons-style, in Springfield
  • : The town of Bedrock - a page right out of history
  • : Middle Earth would be pretty fantastic too, the lovely Arwen would make a cool travelling companion
  • Atlantis. And OZ from the Wizard of OZ
  • If only Hogwarts was real... I'd go there in a heartbeat (as long as I had my owl, of course)
  • : The labyrinth from The Labyrinth film

Q3 via : What book or film location should absolutely not be missed?
  • Under theTuscan Sun...ahhh...Tuscany
  • Hobbit holes in New Zealand! Also, the Ka'a'awa Valley in Hawaii is well worth a visit, and has starred in lots of movies
  • Harry Potter locales in England & Scotland
  • Come visit me in NYC! Frequently featured
  • The film was solala... But the destination rocks: "Australia"
  • : The canyons of Utah of 127 Hours fame
  • Vigna Maggio in Greve in Chianti - where Kenneth Branaugh's Much Ado About Nothing was filmed

Q4 via : An artist during your travels that you absolutely love now?
  • Antoni Gaudi in Barcelona ...thought I didn't like his style...fell hard
  • Artists discovered during travels - many Japanese punk bands in Tokyo record bins
  • Oswaldo Guayasamín. Discovered him in Ecuador. Whole new perspective on life and people
  • Hadn´t heard about Swell Season until in Denmark last year. Love them now
  • : London- walk into the National Gallery, see the great works & you will become an art fan at least to some degree 
  • : Berlin is a great spot for discovering Street Art

Q5 via : Elizabeth Gilbert's book was called 'Eat, Pray, Love'. What would your book be called?
  • : "Life is Short and the Road is Long" 
  • : Live Without Regrets. It's my personal & family motto
  • Luxury Beach Life & a Bottle of Rum: a tale of a woman cashing it all in to live the posh pirate dream
  • : "Around the World in 80 Pints"
  • : 'Eat, Drink, Be Merry' - I'm aiming for Christmas sales
  • : Or, as per an exchange the other day, 'Throw Some Meat At It and Run'
  • My life story would be called "Mistakes Are Medals - I'm Highly Decorated"
  • : "I climbed, I camped, I conquered." - My mom just came up with that title for me, isn't she great? 

And there you have it, "Arts Travel"!  

Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Best in Travel 2012!" Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT hashtag every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!

As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, , , , , , and !

Have YOU got anything to add to the "Arts Travel" discussion? 

© Connie Hum 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking? Share your thoughts and comments!

Have You Seen These?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...