Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "Winter Travel!"
- Alan_Curr: I love winter travel in really remote places, adds to that sense of being in the wild. Must be well prepared though
- IsabellesTravel: As a beach lover I would opt for Summer Travel, but I can enjoy a winter break with hot chocolate too
- bushbirdie: Winter: has more options (hot or cold destinations) & often cheaper deals. Tho saying that nothing much beats a summer holiday
- PuzzlerT: I prefer summer travel. Travel often means waiting instead of moving. Would rather wait in the warm. On a beach. With a cocktail
- Jeszbelle: Winter because I spend my whole life living in tropical country, I love to see snow!
- kitwhelan: Though I love winter, summer is SO much easier for travel & packing
- eurapart: Winter: My deodorant, sunscreen and ice cream bill goes down
Q2 via Kelsey_Morse: What are your top two winter travel destinations?
- SophieR: Norway, of course - for heaps of fun in the snow! And Australia for warmth
- alpharooms: Canaries for winter sun and Paris, Hamburg or Prague for Christmas markets
- lakshmisharath: A place I would like to be ..Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh with frozen lakes in North East India
UK seaside, wide open sand, salty rain and wind blows away the cobwebs. Paris, atmosphere in the short dark days is magic
- monchi26: Southern Africa (no time difference!) and New York I guess (Christmas shopping!)
- foodieintl: Whistler, BC. and Passo San Pellegrino, Italy. Good skiing, great food
- sarahwaffle: Love Disneyland for Christmas with all the lights & snow & love anything beachy
- RickGriffin: Park City, Utah for skiing
- traveldudes: Easy choice: The Alpes with great snow for snowboarding! And I would go for Cape Town or Havana to get vitamin D
Q3 via himalfootsteps: What's the best thing to do on winter travel?
- MyDestination: Without doubt snowball fights
- hjortur: Relaxing in a hot tub in the snow with a glass of wine or beer watching the amazing Northern Lights
- thearcticnomad: Uh, to ski and snowboard of course
- daremetotravel: Outdoor sighteeing! Its amazing in winter
- jasonalvinjacob: Relaxing in a hot tub with a book on the right hand and a tall cup of fresh coffee latte with whipped cream on the other
- UltimateTravelG: Go for romantic long walks in winter, wrapped in each other's arms. It cant get more romantic than this
- traveladdictgrl: It's a great excuse to turn your trip into a quest to find the most delectable comfort foods
- MiddleSeatView: Find a farmers market/holiday market, grab a cup of hot cider & shop at some local stores/vendors
Q4 via TurquoiseUK: Where would you most like to escape to this winter? Why?
- nikkitahil: Diving in warm waters while the sun shines brightly
- NicoleTravelBug: I just want to see snow!!! Give me winter snow
- FionaHilliard: Marrakech for heat, just seems so exotic, the colors, the flavors, the noise
- WillJackJones: Antarctica or the Arctic - if you're going to be cold, might as well do it properly
- vsavellisgrant: Would like to be in NYC this time of year. It's perfect
- BMacJ: Above-water bungalows in Bora Bora. Always been a dream of mine to go
- KelseyIvey: Easy – South Africa – I’d surf all winter long…well or backpack around South America
- belizepost: I'm dying to visit Brazil! Why? helloooooo, it's Brazil
Q5 via Nick Healy: What are your best and worst winter travel experiences?
- SEA_Backpacker: Worst winter travel experience was when I stayed at home
LateralMovement: Best: Drinking an Angkor beer and wearing summer clothes while the sun shone last winter in Cambodia
- katyabroad: Worst: School trip to Germany - 2 nights sleeping (or not) on bus, 1 freezing day at the markets
- TravelsceneUSA: Yellowstone in December - stunning. Bad part: a day driving 2 a closed entrance- had 2 turn back go around
- toffeebugs: The best would be Christmas in the Philippines
- TravelApprentce: Worst: -30C in Helsinki wearing jeans. Best: -30C in Helsinki with brand new long underwear
- Travelingeditor: I almost died of hypothermia hitchhiking in Germany
- mapthegap: Christmas in Barcelona was pretty cool - there was snow on the palm trees
And there you have it, "Winter Travel"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Bathroom Experiences Abroad!" Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have YOU got anything to add to the "Winter Travel" discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011