Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Seven Links Project

I cannot express how EXCITED I am to be invited to participate in Tripbase's Seven Links Project! THANK YOU so much to the always FABULOUS Caroline of Caroline in the City for extending the Seven Links Project invitation to my eager hands! 

MY MOST BEAUTIFUL POST




Maybe I'm a bit obsessive about food, but my post about food in Hoi An, Vietnam was absolutely marvelous and has my vote as my most beautiful one! The flavors and tastes of Vietnamese food still linger in my mind like a long-lost lover. Oh, what I'd give for one more night in Hoi An...


MY MOST POPULAR POST




Who doesn't love a good love story? No one, apparently! My Love Story series, chronicling how my current boyfriend, Matt, and I met and fell in love while traveling in India, was an instant hit with my readers and prompted two follow-up installments! The love story continues, though the series has taken a hiatus for the time being as Matt and I slowly settle into our new life together in Hong Kong.


MY MOST CONTROVERSIAL POST




The post that caused the most uproar and backlash has to be my account of the 14-day Annapurna Circuit trek I did in the Nepalese Himalayas, regrettably entitled, "Trekking to Hell and Back: The Annapurna Circuit." I was trying to be cheeky and refer to my lack of mental and physical preparation as the worst decision of my life, but an unfortunate case of semantics and misunderstandings caused much of a stir with the Nepalese community. Much to my embarrassment, I took personal offense and responded rather defensively, which led to further attacks... I wish I could erase this blog but I think it's an important post and hey, it's part of my experience and I think it's still worth sharing. 


MY MOST HELPFUL POST




Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in life. Unfortunately, I had a really bad experience where the "volunteer organization" I was to work with in Kathmandu for six months turned out to be a total scam. I survived the ordeal and came out all the smarter and wiser for it. Then I wrote an article to help other potential volunteers so that they could avoid any volunteer scams. I hope that it's been helpful.


MY POST WHOSE SUCCESS SURPRISED ME




Based on stats alone, the American Eagle Outfitters post, by far, received the most hits. Of all time! Yeah, I'm pretty surprised by that. I find it strange, given that I wrote this post as a fluff piece; something completely NOT what I usually write about, being primarily a travel and food writer. Still, it was a really fun night and I guess lots of people (particularly those in Hong Kong, according to Google Analytics) were interested.  


MY POST I FEEL DIDN'T GET THE ATTENTION IT DESERVED




Come on! It's a FABULOUS recipe about Indian spiced chai! More people should care about this! 


MY POST THAT I'M MOST PROUD OF





I turned 30 last November and I did some self-contemplative soul-searching during that time. The result? My post, "Follow Your Heart, That's What I Always Do," where I talk about how following my heart has led to all the amazing things I've experienced in my life so far. I have absolutely no regrets in life and I'm proud of everything I've accomplished thus far, including writing this post! 

Did YOUR favorite Connvoyage post make it into my Seven Links?

© Connie Hum 2011

4 comments:

  1. Hi Connie,
    Loved your 7-Links ... It was quite a trip reading the comments on the Annapurna Circuit :) In our case some folks got upset when we had referred to Kashmir as Heaven on Earth :) ...

    Here is our 7-Links if you want to give it a look.
    http://10yearitch.com/interviews/our-7-links/

    Cheers! and safe travels,
    Madhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so these looks back are great! I went back and read your post on Vietnam food because I, of course, love food (it kind of dictates my travel itinerary!).

    I tried to click on your last post and it didn't work so I'm going to go find it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see some beautiful pictures from your previous posts!
    Cruise Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Madhu Nair Yes, I've come to realize that you can't please everyone when it comes to blogging. GREAT links from you as well!

    @Annie Thanks so much, Annie! I fixed the link so it should be working now. Glad to hear that someone else likes food and enjoys my posts about them as much as I do!

    @Sailor Thanks, Sailor! It's been awhile since I've heard from you. How is everything?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking? Share your thoughts and comments!

Have You Seen These?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...