Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT:
Q1 via MiddleSeatView: Have you been on a cruise? Why or why not?
- TinyTravelLady: Haven't done lg ship cruise- only small ships around/to Greek Isles. I don't think I could handle being on a large ship for a week
- Xpackers: Problem with cruises is all the old people...anyone ever been on "young" cruise?
- travellowcost: Haven't been on a cruise yet, really don't like their environmental impact :( But maybe I'll go sailing one day
- JauntingKerrs: Yes -- cruises are great for seeing multiple locations without relocating your luggage every night
- FarWriter: Yes, I've been on many cruises! I esp love expedition-style cruises. Good way to travel to remote & inaccessible spots
- TravelThirst: Totally yes THANX to my father who took us on a cruise vacay once, which was the best thing ever happened to me: cruising!
Q2 via christinahegele: What's the best experience you've had on a cruise?
- WriteRTW: Watching a sleeping blue whale wake up and cruise round our ship in Antarctica
- StayAdventurous: Cruising in to NYC harbor and seeing the Statue of Liberty. A wonderful and worthy UNESCO landmark
- foodieintl: Either docking in Banjul, venturing out at night w/ locals or catching fresh sashimi in Comoros
- MagellanPR: Being able to visit several of the Scottish Islands on Hebridean Princess - was amazing. Ultra luxury too
- TravelBlggr: Balcony Cabin through the Caribbean. Swimming with stingrays in Cayman Islands
- smartbkktravel: Queen Mary... Slept on balcony one night to fall asleep to sounds of the ocean
Q3 via traveldudes: What's your dream cruise? Sailing boat or "Steamer"?
- MalloryOnTravel: An icebreaking saliboat in the NorthWest passage now that is my kind of cruise, ultimate adventure
- OysterWorldwide: It would have to be a sailing boat - chilled out, private, better for the environment
- eezeerhotel: No questions asked: Sailing! So relaxing & quiet & you can play with the winds
- JauntingKerrs: A trans-atlantic steamer just like An Affair to Remember: The French Riviera, couture evening gowns, pink champagne & Carey Grant
- OliOrtiz7: I would love a cruise to the Galapago Islands and watch all the whales and sea life around
- 25travels: Sailing perhaps, would like to sail to all 7107 islands we have in the Philippines
- homeexchangecom: A steamer down the Mississippi channeling my inner Huck Finn!
- amandaelsewhere: Steamer? Sails? I'll settle for a remake of Titanic wherein Leonardo Dicaprio lives
Q4 via himalfootsteps: What features would your dream cruise ship have to have?
- IAVRA_villas: We'd like a cruise ship made of glass so you could see right through to to the ocean floor!
- bpmojo: A man on a Mast screaming "LAND AHEAD" everytime we approach detination
- sophontrack: Hot waiters? Is that too crass?
- traveldudes: The big new ships already have a wave for surfing... What else could there be?
- katieaune: Very good lifejackets, that's all.
- Turtlecovesuite: Professors and/or local historians to tell us about the area
- DisarmDoors: An emergency Kate Winslet. In case of fire
- BackPackerSteve: WiFi to participate at the awesome TTOT! And of course a hammock to relax
Q5 via himalfootsteps: Which would be your most epic route for a cruise?
- robp1980: LA to Hawaii to French Polynesia to Asia and back
- babyfwenas: Sail around Indonesia
- eurapart: Really I'd go wherever the wind and currents took the sailing ship
- backpackergurl: Mediterranean cruise through Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Corsica and Malta
- anthonyoflynn: From the South Pole to the North Pole, that would be pretty epic
- love__leeeee: Can you put both the Galapagos and Antarctica into one cruise
- 25travels: around the Pacific Ocean - Japan, Bering sea, NorthAmerica coast, Peru, Chile, Antartica, NZ, Australia
- glampacker: Sailing UK to Australia, kinda like the convicts
And there you have it, "Cruise Travel"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Islands" submitted by boz23. Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to tune follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have YOU got anything to add to the Cruise travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011