Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "New Seven Wonders!"
Q1 via ae_carhire: From the 28 Finalists pick your number one and tell us why : new7wonders.com/28-finalists ?
- DisarmDoors: Great Barrier Reef. It's dying before our eyes and taking the cast of Nemo with it.
- jdeheij: Amazon, one of the most diverse wonders of our world
- santafetraveler:I'm voting for the Grand Canyon. It's literally breathtaking
- ehalvey: Those mud volcanoes in Azerbaijan just sound really cool
- mygo2it:What a toughie! Close my eyes and point to...Galapagos!
- HotelPRGuy: My new 7 wonders pick is Halong Bay, Vietnam! It's just magical, worth the long drive!
|Magical Halong Bay in Vietnam|
Q2 via christinahegele: Do you think a specific region is under/over-represented on the new list? Why?
- middleseatview: I really can't believe the Canadian and US Rockies aren't on this list
- Drafted_Boy: Africa under-represented hands down — there's definitely more than 2 candidates on the ENTIRE continent!
- mygo2it: Looks like Russia is missing out on the party
- MikeCjourno: I think any region which you are familiar with, for me Europe, can be seen as over-represented
Q3 via insidejapan: What would be your 8th wonder in fitting with the 7 Wonders of the World & why?
- elatlboy: 8th Wonder of the World? Lake Hawea or Tekapo in New Zealand! Anyplace I'm in awe at has my vote
- JPlovesCOTTON: The Dead Sea
- KirkCole: May not be a wonder, but Kilimanjaro
- SkyeGrove: My 8th region would be the Polar regions. The most fragile of all and determining the fate of an entire plant
- xplore724: Technology: the fact we can all be chatting from different parts of the world!
- MalloryOnTravel: Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors & Horses and Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, Xian China cuz its wicked
- whereisyvette: Mount Everest. Takes your breath away even if it wasn't the world's tallest mountain
- WanderGuides: Aurora Borealis, doesn't get enough attention for how amazing it is
|The Aurora Borealis, as seen from Iceland|
Q4 via SustainableTrip: Which do you find more impressive, natural wonders or manmade wonders? Why?
- velvetescape: Both really
- AngelinaFoster: Natural wonders attract me more.. there's just something about nature
- BreatheDreamGo: The sublime beauty of the Taj Mahal matches almost anything in nature, which is saying a lot
- hiptraveler: Natural Wonders! human engineering is great, but planet earth is better
- AlexPlim: I'm going to say manmade, simply because we can relate to that achievement. The power of Mother Nature is far greater
- crossinglines: I love the inspiration and accomplishment w/ manmade, but the natural are truly mind-blowing n beautiful
- kitwhelan: Mother Nature will kicks our butts every time when it comes to building and destroying. She wins
Q5 via himalfootsteps: What do you think of the list of the New 7 Wonders? Does it influence your travel plans? Explain!
- Alouise_D: I wanted to visit all the places listed (and more) before I knew about this list. So this just makes me want to travel sooner
- YoungAdventures: I haven't even heard of this new list. 7 wonders of the ancient wonders inspires me more
- LandLopers: The list doesn't influence my travels, but I did learn about new places. Plus I'm hoping it spawns a new season of Idiot Abroad
- 2Backpackers: The list is too big to fit into 7, so a list of 7 means nothing to me. We should make our own lists
- MalloryOnTravel: List is a popularity contest, would never influence my travels, lists and trails are made to be broken be a pathfinder
And there you have it, the "New Seven Wonders"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Music & Travel" submitted by Roopunzel. Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about travel!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have YOU got anything to add to the New Seven Wonders travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011