Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT:
Q1 via Robyn Boswell: What is the one unmissable country on each continent? Why?
- Miss_Neriss: Oceania - New Zealand. Surf and ski in one day, can't beat it
- beforeiam35: If you can afford it, Norway/Sweden in the summer
- radioceleste: Oceana: French Polynesia- Flower scented grace, unfathomable green mountains, electric blue lagoons,soulful people
- findmeetgo: Latin America would be Argentina full of rich history and culture
- TippettPR: Asia- Japan. Sunrise over Yokohama when I was a student at Kanagawa. Happy days!
- aviatiekmeisje: Africa, Egypt. Just can't help my addiction to ancient history
- BTravelB: Europe = Ukraine. Tough travels, but damn worth it
Q2 via MarksMayo: What's the hardest thing about doing a RTW trip?
- eurapart: The hardest thing for me would be the challenge of keeping my carbon footprint low
- LiveShareTravel: Packing to go home
- StayAdventurous: Getting Past the toughest obstacle standing in your way - yourself
- MyPostcardFrom: Deciding on how long to stay in each place before you go as you may like or hate it
- 10YearItch: Getting back to a routine life after the trip
- FearfulGirl: Leaving my dog behind
- kerrinsheldon: Overcoming the myth that it will end your "real" life. Travel is life. Not your desk job. Leave. Go. Discover
- mahlatini: Definitely coming home and that unshakable and rather depressing feeling that everything out there is carrying on without you
- wherechugo: The world is a big place. Having enough time to see it without it being a blur is essential. Did it in 21 days, not fun
- AnnaLucyT: Not losing my head...thinking I am invisible and going a bit TOO crazy whilst away just because I am away from my usual society!
- BSxox: Paying for it
Q3 via lrnzG: How much money do you think is needed to travel the entire world via budget?
- solangefrancois: I don't know. I don't do budget
- beatthebrochure: This just all depends. but I say $1,000/month average is doable
- TotalTravelBug: Depends how much beer you drink!
- livinontheroad: We travel on $17 per person per day to go around Australia. Food is major expense
- traveldudes: It depends on the country, but you can get along well with €15 per day in many countries
- roniweiss: I'd rather spend more money and live at my level of comfort rather than less, see more and be miserable
- Banff_Squirrel: I went round the world on $4. Bought a latte and let the earth spin under me
- kelliejane: Between $40 to $90 a day. Sometimes you don't want to share with 15 other people or catch the bus for 18 hours
- travelfootprint: Hard question with all the variables.The figure of $20,000 USD seems to be thrown around as an average for a year per person
- mapthegap: WWOOFing i.e. working for food and accommodation, made my travelling so much cheaper (and more interesting)!
Q4 via MalloryOnTravel: Any RTW destination that just was not worth it, wishing you had left it off your itinerary? Why?
- canyonvue: No, I do my research
- travelettes: I hated kuta beach in bali and cabo in mexico, apart from those id return everywhere i think
- travel_version: Venice was eh. I had high hopes. And I didn't like Barcelona all that much. Messy architectural styles and NYC-like odors
- BAIRDSTRAVEL: For me L A [Hollywood] bored me . Love the rest of USA
- MadriduserF: I thought Panama and Costa Rica were overrated. CR wasn't all that good value for money. I liked Morocco but way too many scammers
- hjortur: Tijuana isn't really a city for kids - except maybe the zonkeys (zebra painted donkeys)
- tifany74: Any place at the height of tourist season annoys me. I want to see locals and pretend it's just there for me
Q5 via traveldudes: There are only 4 RTW stops allowed! Where would you go and why?
- _OliB_: India, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, and Indonesia because I have never been & I sooo want to!
- kbalatero: My dream RTW: Africa South to North (pref by Land Rover), Trans-Sib Railway Russia-China, SE Asia/South Pacific
- herisugiarto: I wanna spend my time to RTW Japan,Tibet, New Zealand because the landscape so amazing and for cityscape I choose Liverpool, England
- CryptoPete: Sagres (old end of the world), Norway(fiords), Croatia (rakija), Slovakia (High Tatras). Focus on Europe
- HIPHOTELIER: Beirut/Lebanon, Sardinia, Iceland (+ Greenland if I may), Solomon Islands (+ all Pacific Islands)
- Rebu23: Ethiopia, Isreal, one of the stans, and any of those nice islands survivor was filmed on
- 10kJuan: Morocco, Beijing, Havana, Galapagos...Casablanca, the future, the forbidden & the sheer beauty, respectively
- AllyToullec: Brazil (to see mummys homeland) / San Fransico (music) / Moscow (vodka)/ Tokyo or any asian city really (food)/ Sydney (men)
- FearfulGirl: Mexico: fish tacos / Argentina: dead cow / San Blas: Molas / Mexico again: Need me some more fish tacos
- Watina_Tours: Narnia, Middle Earth, Underland & King´s Landing
And there you have it, "Round the World Travel"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Wildlife Travel" submitted by Roopunzel. Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to tune follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Have you got anything to add?
© Connie Hum 2011