Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT:
Q1 via malloryontravel: What destination has been your best stopover during night travel?
- Liligo_UK: Fell asleep in car Berlin-Budapest, woke up lost in Prague city centre. Most beautiful unintentional stopover
- BlkChickOnTour: Bangkok. Got a room, an excellent foot massage, wonderful Indian Food (The Dosa House), and much needed rest
- giuliaccia: In Alexandria, Egypt - one night waiting for the train = many new friends!
- eurapart: Arriving in Istanbul... Going to sleep for 30 mins only to be awoken by calls to prayer
- thealexlop: One word, three syllables: AM-STER-DAM
Q2 via hjortur: What is the most adventurous overnight travel you've had?
- redheadedtravel: On a bus in Bolivia trapped between two flash flooding rivers, waiting for bulldozer to drag us thru the flood
- journeytom: Attempted a 17hr overnight coach journey after drinking a bottle of southern comfort, the trip was not comfortable
- emirhartato: I've been in a night bus where everyone weren't sleep..They were doing karaoke!
- diidiiana: Driving along gorge-du-tarn in winter and got stuck in thick snow. spending the night in a cave next to frozen river
- chippy2u: Climbing Mt Fuji in Japan overnight to be at the top when the sun rises Awesome!
- Roopunzel: Tents in the Israeli desert - never heard so many Hyenas before
- mobilelawyer: Waking up at midnight (after about 10 minutes of sleep) to summit Kilimanjaro
Q3 via elleandi: Aside from earplugs and face mask what is you overnight travel must have?
- krisolarte: Toothbrush and neck pillow!
- travel_edits: A warm jacket/hoody. Air-conditioning is a killer on overnight buses!
- andrearataj: Don't make fun, but I always travel with a small quilt that my sister made me
- defunct1: A bottle of water. Good for drinking, patting on face or washing under armpits
- emirhartato: Pillow and blanket
- wanderingzito: Tylenol pm
Q4 via TravelBlggr: What's the most unusual place you've stayed overnight?
- lilmissplanet: Atop Cerro Negro in Nicagarua, sleeping in a volcanic crater watching the lunar eclipse
- toniwonitravels: A trapeze net. Let's just say that me & my company had a little extra bounce that night
- tripofourlife: A wooden plank, 5000 metres above sea level in Tibet. With 5 strangers...
- habolang: In a small mosque in center of rain forest at Java Island, Indonesia
- TinyTravelLady: Inside the plastic tube of a slide in a playground
- alexandraeh: It's tie between a tree house in Peru and a tent on the Masai Mara in Kenya
- agentcikay: Inside rented car!
- radioceleste: Camping in a beach cave on Tahiti where I was awoken to a view of frolicking dolphins
- driftingkiwi: A crappy bus in Laos cuddled up with a very large German guy
Q5 via travelbite: What is the worst overnight journey you have had to go through?
- Ebriel: 30+ trips to the toilet during a bout with food poisoning in Yangon
- WriterChick47: Two large people trying to sleep in the cab of a pickup truck after one of them had several bean burritos
- TravelOpine: On a cargo boat Pacific coast of Colombia. Everyone but us vomiting
- TravelingEditor: Coming out of my mother's womb
- KelseyIvey: Forced to watch Momma Mia twice (I can't sleep on planes) b/c the guy next to me fell asleep on my remote (Cape Town to JFK)
- Xplore724: Working as a crew on sailing yacht, going from Newport , R.I. to Caribbean in Dec; 50 knot wind gusts, 20 foot seas, wet and cold
- crozul: Hong Kong-NYC flight waking up 2 stranger's old, yellowed, BARE FEET across my lap
And there you have it, "Overnight Travel"!
Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Epic Journeys" submitted by Insidetravellab. Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to tune follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT!
As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, roniweiss, toddwassel, traveldesigned, insidetravellab, WildJunket, tbloggersunite and mobilelawyer!
Sounds like some of these answers need explanations... =)
Have YOU got anything to add to the Overnight Travel discussion?
© Connie Hum 2011