Tuesday, November 15, 2011

#TTOT Round-Up: Out of Your Comfort Zone

Every Tuesday, it's Travel Talk on Twitter! There are two scheduled sessions to join: 9:30am GMT and 9:30pm GMT. Follow the #TTOT hashtag on Twitter and join in on the fun!

Here's the round-up of this week's #TTOT on "Out of Your Comfort Zone!"

Q1 via : How would you describe your comfort zone? 
  • My comfort zone is the universe. I am only rarely shaken of my basic belief of the core decency of people & the splendor of nature 
  • : Sitting in a bar with a cold beer, rucksack at my knees, hot weather, at the start of another adventure
  • My comfort zone starts in a good cafe and ends when the adrenaline level reaches about 25%
  • : Comfort zone is a guaranteed bed, meal, hot shower... Everything you don't feel the need of when you're on an adventure
  • : My comfort zone is defined by the people who surround me
  • My comfort zone is pretty wide because I love to try new things. But if I don't eat every three hours I'm not a happy gal

Q2 via : Share your most memorable "out of comfort zone" experiences
  • : When my host family in China took care of me when I was sick. I didn't speak Mandarin well..they didn't speak English. Humanity!
  • : Paddling on a sufboard across a Croc-infested river mouth in Boca Barranca, Costa Rica
  • : Sailing down the East coast US in Dec. with 20 ft. seas & 50 knot winds was definitely out of my comfort zone
  • Jungle huts in Africa (true story). No electricity, no running water. Just baboons beating on the walls at night 
  • : Bungy jumping the Nevis in New Zealand - 134 metres into a river gorge
  • : Quitting my career to travel Solo, that was huge the first time

Q3 via : What hotel experience left you furthest out of your comfort zone?
  • : An eco-lodge in Ecuador's cloud forest. No electricity and big bugs
  • : Finding out there was no flush and no sink and the only thing separating the room and the toilet was a curtain
  • : Creepy hostel had the floor painted blood red with flecks of paint splattered up the walls... It looked a little too real to me
  • : A hotel in Istanbul where the front desk checked someone else into our room after we had gone to bed, twice
  • : Ecolodge in Iquitos, Peru in the Amazon. Tarantulas everywhere
  • : Very thin walls at older Paris Hotel. Must have been honeymooners next door

Q4 via : Whats your best 'Won't be doing that again experience'?
  • Probably eating scorpions yuck
  • : Thinking tiny green things in Thailand were peas & eating spoonful - they were hot peppers
  • I won't be eating that corn ice cream in China again. Disgusting
  • : Eating fried guinea pig in Peru. Won't be doing that again
  • : Bus ride from Agra to Jaipur & this dude decides to make his "own" bathroom in the back of the bus (which had no bathroom) 
  • : Drinking shots of cobra snake whiskey along the Mekong

Q5 via : How has being pushed out of your comfort zone changed you and your views on the world?
  • : Taught me world is an extraordinary, magical, living thing... learn to take the knocks & shocks -feel more alive
  • : It's reminded me that life's too short to not love what you do each day
  • Being out of your comfort zone is why a lot of us travel. It makes you wiser & generally helps with patience
  • : Curiosity--The World is Just Awesome! Made me humble and earned more respect for different cultures
  • It has given me hope for humanity and the future
  • : It's taught me how to look fear in the face and overcome it
  • : "The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all!" (Richard Branson)   

And there you have it, "Out of Your Comfort Zone"!

Next week's #TTOT topic is: "Time Zones." Submit your questions HERE! And don't forget to follow the #TTOT every Tuesday at 9:30am and 9:30pm GMT to chat about all things travel!

As always, a HUGE travel community thank you to our #TTOT hosts and organizers: traveldudes, , , , , , and !

Have YOU got anything to add to the Out of Your Comfort Zone discussion? 

© Connie Hum 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking? Share your thoughts and comments!

Have You Seen These?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...